Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

So, since I am Canadian, today is Thanksgiving. And I wanted to take this opportunity to share just how great God is. Like Seriously.
Philippians 4:4--Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS, and again I say, Rejoice.
I Thessalonians 5:18--In everything, Give thanks. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

As Christians, we are to live in a constant state of thankfulness. But honestly, this can be hard. I understand crazy schedules, and lack of sleep, and being sick. But "in everything" we are to be thankful.
A crazy schedule means that I have the privilege of being at college.
Lack of sleep means I'm not dead. I still wake up. And I get to drink mountain dew.
Being sick means that normally I am healthy. And I can be thankful that my sickness isn't anything worse than a nasty cold or migraine. In everything, give thanks.

So, this thanksgiving, what am I thankful for? I'm thankful for God's being willing to teach the same lesson over and over again to me. Being a Ed major, I have to teach. So often, when people don't get what I'm telling them, I get frustrated. But God is so patient. I mess up constantly. Mostly it's with letting Him have control and not trusting in myself. But God keeps reminding me gently to give it all to Him.

I'm thankful for the good education I'm getting here at school. I have the privilege of coming to a Christian school where everyone around me (for the most part) loves God. The main focus isn't social life or academics. It's doing everything to serve God.

One of the biggest things I'm thankful for, though, is my friends. When I'm feeling discouraged or stressed or whatever, they come along beside and remind me that God is good. All the  time. When I need a break from  (The never-ending-pile-of) homework, they will do something fun (and knowing me, probably really stupid). Our conversations can focus on God. I love Christian friends.


I'm the most thankful for God. His wonderful work on Calvary that means I can have a relationship with Him. Consider that. The great God of this universe--the Creator of all man-kind--wants a relationship with ME! If I think to hard about that, I'll be so confused I won't be able to think the rest of the day. That's amazing.

So Happy Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for today???

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you, Tephi! And many other amazing things God has done. . . .but I want you to know, I am definitely thankful for you! :)

    Miss you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too!!! And you are definetly included in the friends thing. I have your music in an envelope, to mail to you. but it hasn't happened yet. the post office isn't open when I am free . . . .

      Delete