Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teens today. . .

When you here someone say, "Teens Today", you know they aren't saying it in a complimentary way. (As in, teens today are so considerate.) Unfortunately, 99.9% of the time someone says that, it's accompanied with a roll of the eyes and a complaint. Teens today are so rude. Teens today have rotten attitudes. Teens today don't care about anyone but themselves. And truth be told, our generation is only popular with it self. We think we are pretty much the best group on the planet, but no one else likes us. As a Christian teen, does this bother you? Honestly, it bothers me. I don't want to be associated with a rotten attitude, selfish, rebellious generation. My favourite verse is Psalm 24:6. "This is the generation of them that seek Him, that seek thy face, Oh Jacob." (KJV). Several other versions translate that, "Oh God of Jacob".  I apply this verse to my life and the life of my peers. My generation, our generation can be known as a group of young people that really wants to get to know God. We can seek after Him with our whole hearts. And God promises, "Ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD. . . " (Jeremiah 29:13-14). I don't know about you, but I want to be known as a young person that is close to God.

How will getting close to God show up in your life? Well, the thing most people think of when they think of teens today is the attitude. Have your parents ever said, "What's with the attitude?" Everyone has an attitude. The question is, do you have a good or a bad attitude? A bad attitude is demonstrated with eye-rolling, big sighs, grudging obedience, etc. You get the point. If you seek God though, He will be found, and will be shown through your life. Think of some attributes of God. (More about these in a later post). Kindness, love, mercy, forgiveness--wouldn't you rather have these in your life? Think about it. . .

1 comment:

  1. Well-said, Stephanie! Your generation of Christian teens can make a difference in this world!

    ReplyDelete